On June 10, a Front St. business owner in Greenport reported to police that Jose Perez Perez, 56, of Greenport West, exposed himself while seated in a vehicle in a convenience store parking lot. Police located Perez Perez in the car and advised him “of the inappropriateness of such behavior.” According to police, Perez Perez “acknowledged the seriousness of the complaint” and left the area without incident. The business owner declined to press charges.
On June 12, a Greenport resident walking her dog on 5th Street reported that a man in his 40s or 50s was sitting in a silver Honda pickup truck with his genitals exposed, and appeared to be masturbating. Responding officers were unable to locate the man and continued canvassing the area throughout their shift, police said.
Earlier this month, on the morning of June 5, the dockmaster at the Mitchell Park Marina reported observing Gustavo Estrada-Ramirez, 51, with no known address, attempting to expose himself to a woman and her children in the park. Estrada-Ramirez was later transported to the Guatemalan consulate in Riverhead at his own request.
On June 9, Latricia Lawrence, 46, of Greenport, was handcuffed by police and transported to a local hospital, after she reported to another woman that she had been assaulted in an Adams St. parking lot in Greenport. According to police, Lawrence was “highly intoxicated” and displayed “aggressive” behavior and reported “inconsistent accounts of the alleged incident.” She claimed to be hurt but provided no evidence of her injuries to authorities. When Lawrence became “combative and uncooperative,” according to police, she was handcuffed and transported to the hospital. Two days later, on June 11, police were called to Mitchell Park in Greenport for a report of three people arguing, among them Lawrence. During the investigation, it was determined that there was an outstanding warrant for Lawrence’s arrest, and she was handcuffed and transported to police headquarters for processing.
On June 12, a North Parish Drive resident in Southold reported loud country music coming a boat off Goose Creek Beach, telling police he “isn’t a fan of that type of music.” A responding officer located the boat in question and determined that the music was “at a reasonable level,” and no further action was taken.
On June 12, police received an anonymous report that removing sand from the beach at North Road in Southold, putting it into bags and putting the bags in a U-Haul trailer attached to a Volkswagen. Responding officers canvassed the area, looking for the vehicle, without success.
On June 12, a resident of North Road in Greenport West reported incidents in which two local youths were shouting profanities into her Ring security camera and threatening to “do a drive by” while using his thumb and index finger to make the shape of a gun. All parties were interviewed, including a 9-year-old and a 13-year-old, and advised to refrain from making contact with each other. About 90 minutes later, the original complainant contacted police again to say that the woman involved in the earlier dispute had used obscene language and told her that her “days were numbered.” A police report notes that there have been “numerous previously documented incidents between the two women, who were again advised to refrain from contacting each other.
On June 13, Jose Rios Martinez, 24, of Greenport, was arrested for alleged driving while intoxicated, after police say he was involved in a motor vehicle accident on Main St. in Greenport and left the scene of the accident. Police located Rios Martinez in a driveway on Route 25 in Greenport, and said he was “asleep” in the car with an “open can of White Claw,” an alcoholic beverage, in the center console. Authorities said he was found to be intoxicated and arrested.
On June 13, a 5th St. resident in Greenport reported that a $1200 iPhone in a Fedex package had been removed from his porch, and that he later found the opened box with the contents missing discarded on Brown St. An investigation is ongoing.
On June 14, police received a report that eight gravestones at a cemetery in East Marion had been pushed over sometime between June 12 and June 14, but that none sustained damage due to the incidents. Patrols in the area were increased, according to police.
On June 15, police received a report of a fight between two men at the Strawberry Fields fairgrounds in which at one point a knife was brandished, authorities said. Darby Morgan, 55, of Florida was arrested, though it was not immediately clear what he was charged with.


